TMG Consulting’s Procurement methodology follows sequential, logical steps and flows seamlessly from our Application Planning methodology.
- Plan: TMG’s proven approach begins with the Planning step. We will work with our client to understand the goals, objectives, risks, and strengths of the organization and the intended scope and budget for the project.
- Build: Based on the Planning phase, TMG will assemble the RFP for review and approval by the client prior to the next phase. In addition, we assist the utility with the evaluation criteria so that when vendor proposals are received, the utility’s team is prepared to evaluate them.
- Publish: TMG will work with the utility to release the RFP and support related processes such as a pre-bid conference and responding to vendor questions.
- Assess: TMG will lead the assessment of the responses received by working with the utility to 1) evaluate the functional responses, 2) facilitate scripted demonstrations, oral presentations, and reference checks, and 3) review in detail each bidder’s proposals prior to receiving a best and final offer (BAFO).
- Negotiate: This last step includes statement of work and contract negotiations. This includes assisting the utility’s team as necessary in presenting the selected vendor and the plan to the utility’s management and achieving approval to proceed with the implementation.