TMG Consulting’s research service pursues knowledge to help industry professionals understand opportunities and challenges associated with enterprise IT projects with a focus on customer service and utility operations.
Our direct experience working with utilities enables us to offer practical intelligence into the components of successful enterprise IT and edge system modernization projects. We draw information from Insight, the largest database of planning data from TMG’s client engagements. Insight contains enterprise IT and Edge system costs, sourcing, deployment models (including the Cloud), standard contract terms, requirements, staffing needs, project timelines, and trends in these areas over time.
Other information sources include:
- Utility industry studies
- Research into the best practices of other service industries
- Technology and innovation studies
- Research Community Memberships
The research we produce is especially valuable for:
- Enterprise IT and edge system extension or replacement project sponsors, leaders, and teams – CIS, MDM, ERP, AMI, MWM, Smart Grid, AMR, Asset Management, GIS, customer contact channels, and customer portals/self-service
- Customer care, customer transformation, and digital engagement professionals
- Utility professionals responsible for innovation
The TMG Knowledge Center includes a variety of research papers, presentations, and case studies. While most of our syndicated content is for TMG clients and research members, some publications are downloadable by anyone.
Opportunities to engage in honest, problem-solving discussions are very important to utilities facing tremendous disruption. With the input of client utilities and industry partners, we started the TMG Utility Forum.
Going into its third year, TMG’s Utility Forum serves as an intimate venue allowing open discourse and thought-provoking conversation. Key takeaways help utilities develop strategies and plans, understand technology, and make difficult decisions.
TMG’s research team works on a variety of custom projects for utilities and industry partners, including trends analysis, consumer studies, market and competitive analysis, and more.