Announcing Keynote Speaker Audrey Zibelman, International Power Industry Executive and Board Member
Audrey Zibelman is an internationally known and experienced energy industry executive with a reputation for driving positive change toward decarbonization and innovation within individual organizations and across the sector. Audrey has been at the helm of multiple organizations leading the transition of the power industry into a decarbonized world as a board member, CEO, and government leader. She is a well-known and sought-after industry leader and board and government advisor on the energy industry’s transformation.
Audrey currently serves as an Advisor and Non-Executive director to multiple companies, not-for-profits, and government organizations leading on climate change, including RMI, Pollination Group, Span IO, Sosteneo, and Squadron Energy. She is also a member of President Biden’s National Infrastructure Advisory Council. Audrey’s most recent executive role was Vice President of X, Alphabet’s moonshot factory. She led a team that built accurate digital tools necessary for a decarbonized power system. Audrey continues to serve as an advisor to X on Climate Technology.
Audrey joined X from the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) as the Managing Director and CEO. AEMO plans and operates the electricity and gas systems and markets for all of Australia. While at AEMO, Zibelman established the roadmap for Australia to decarbonize its national power system and led the organization through a digital and cultural change management initiative to ensure it was equipped to address its strategic and operational challenges. Before joining AEMO, Audrey was the New York Public Service Commission Chair. She was a member of the Governor’s cabinet and regulated the electric, gas, water, steam, and communication utilities in New York. While in New York, Audrey led massive regulatory reform of the electric industry to support a decarbonized grid, known as Reforming the Energy Vision, or REV. Audrey was previously the COO of PJM, the world’s largest wholesale energy market, and a long-time executive of Xcel Energy, the US’s 5th largest multi-state integrated gas and electric utility in the Mid-West and West of the United States.
The Journey to Sustainability: Opportunities and Pitfalls
Agenda topics will focus on opportunities and challenges surrounding the utility sustainability journey such as:
- Affordable energy and sustainability–how to ensure the future sustainability goals benefit all socio-economic communities.
- The path to funding sustainability goals.
- Is energy storage ready for the residence?
- What customer programs are working, which are being planned, and which are currently being considered?
- What conservation programs are working? (electric/water)
- Renewables and Sustainability are often part of legislative mandates, or are they?
- Is Federal funding worth it? What is the tipping point where value and oversight align?
- Is Steam making a comeback?
- Electrification of transportation–is it enough?
- Getting the final 10-20% zero carbon emissions right. Is the technology there?
- Is Hydrogen the future?
- Are Small Modular Nuclear Reactors ready to be part of the Grid, and do they meet the requirements of safe, affordable, clean, and reliable energy?
* Utility Group Rate is available for utilities with groups of three of more attendees registering
Experience the pulse of the vibrant uptown district from Charlotte Marriott City Center. When you’re ready to venture out, the attractions of downtown Charlotte are moments away, including the Charlotte Convention Center, EPICENTRE, and Bank of America Stadium. A refreshing experience awaits you at this hotel in downtown Charlotte, NC.